Custom Title Block
Autodesk Inventor allows you to customize your title blocks that is in line with the company standards. However, creating a custom template and saving it in your Templates folder will be much more of a time saver.
1. To create a custom drawing template, create a new drawing (*.idw file extension).
2. Save this in your templates folder (the Templates folder defined in your current project).
3. Delete the drawing resources (border and title block) which can be found everytime you expand Sheet found in the browser tree
4. After deleting the resources, create your custom border. Expand Drawing Resources from the browser tree, then right click Borders. Then, Define New Border.
5. Create your new border just like dimensioning a sketch. TIP: Set margins (distance between your border line and the edge of the paper) instead of setting the border line length and width.
6. After creating your custom border, create your custom title block.
7. 2D Sketch tools will then become available to you. Just define your title blocks. It can be a parameter taken from your iProperties. Or, it could be a prompted entry. A prompted entry enables you to define a custom text to be input everytime you create a new drawing file (*.idw file extension) and or a new sheet within the drawing. Click the thumbnail below to get a sneak preview in how are you going to define your prompted entry.
8. After that, insert it to your Sheet by right clicking on the particular drawing resource and clicking Insert after.
1. You can add the logo of your company in your custom title block.
2. You may want to change the sheet color to white. This can be done through Tools > Document Settings > Sheet tab > then click the button next to Sheet to define the color.